Phew, I don't write a lot here nowadays, huh? I usually ramble about my nonsense in tumblr nowadays and just write about Big Things here.
This next one is mostly copy pasted from tumblr too but it's relevant anywhere!
I want to write a bit about my goals, art-wise, for 2016. Call them New Years’ resolutions if you will, but anyway, personal goals for art!
I hope I can follow them through.
- The same as last year, keep up an update phase with Ghost Syndrome, try to draw at least 5 pages a month so you wouldn’t run out of buffer. Maybe try to draw a bit of extra at the start of the year so you could wrap up Chapter 2 soon!
- This year’s smaller project is Needed Ref Drawing Project, or just Ref Project - I’ll try to draw some updated refs for some characters in need of them. I think I’m going to try to do at least one character per month, but the details of the deadlines for this are still under construction in my head, because…
- …I’d also want to try to do like a “monthly challenge” thing - not like one of those “draw thing X on day Y”-things, but rather that at the start of each month I make a “to draw”-list and try to follow through with that as well as I can. Some months could be like, looser theme months such as “this month, draw 7S things”, and some could be more specific such as “this month finish refs for characters X, Y and Z”.
General Art Goals
- MORE SKETCHES. Take a little time each day to sketch or something? It’s sad how little sketches I’ve drawn lately.
- more illustrations with backgrounds. (This is a thing I always want to accomplish, let’s see when I actually accomplish that, lol)
These are really just drawing-related project goals, I have to think about what I want to do regarding writing projects such as Digimon Eden, and so on. I don’t want to abandon Eden even if it’s been months since I last wrote it. Apparently my writing inspiration is extremely fickle - or then it’s just easy to push back because “the other things are too important”. Also it’s hard for me to think too far ahead right now because I have a ton of comic stuff to draw RIGHT NOW if I want to be able to resume Ghost Syndrome updates on the 7th! So maybe I’ll elaborate on my plans later.